Jul 31, 2020
In this episode - the fourth in our mini-series on
“European philanthropy during and after COVID” – we speak to Carola
Carazzone, Secretary General of Assifero, about philanthropy in
Italy and beyond. Including
- What is the history and current context for philanthropy in
- How does this differ from the cultures, histories and
legal/policy environments for philanthropy in other places across
- Are there commonalties? I.e. is it meaningful to talk about
- What is the balance between local, regional, national and
international approaches in Italian philanthropic funding?
- What is the attitude of the Italian government towards
- What kind of philanthropic responses to the covid-19 crisis
have we seen in Italy? What challenges have they faced?
- What is the role of infrastructure bodies in helping civil
society organisations and funders navigate and adapt to a
- Has the Covid-19 pandemic and the need to coordinate responses
effectively increased awareness of the value of
- What elements of infrastructure are required for a healthy
culture of philanthropy and a vibrant civil society?
- Do we need to make a renewed case for the value of
infrastructure and the need to ensure it is properly funded?